Discover Transylvania through electronic music.
You probably heard about mythical Transylvania, a place of mystery, traditions and archaic beauty; and the birthplace of the most famous vampires of all - Dracula. Even the Prince of Wales usually comes to visit us during summer on his beautiful estate and is constantly involved in the conservation of rural villages. In case you were wondering what to do this summer, we have the perfect idea for you.
Don’t say we didn’t warn you: everybody who comes here falls in love with this place. Why? Just have a look below.
Explore the silence of natural beauty
From medieval cities with narrow streets, to rural landscapes that will warm your heart, or mountains that will make you feel philosophical, we have some of the most amazing views.
You can visit a small village and breathe the fresh air (1), roam through Transfagarasan, also known as "the road to the sky" (2), or spend your days in medieval cities like Brasov and Rasnov (3,4).
Find the whispers hidden between fairytale castles
Hidden behind immersive walls, surrounded by water or situated high on top of mountains, the architecture from Transylvania will take your breath away. Don’t forget about the war, love and vampire stories that haunt their walls.
Churches and castles are all around you. Our recommendations: Biertan fortified church, Valea Zanelor Castle, Rasnov Fortress or the famous Bran Castle.
Indulge in the vibes of traditional delights
You can start your day with a traditional Romanian brunch, taste some homemade desserts and end with an authentic Romanian dinner. Garlic included, to keep away the vampires.
Music travels well. Murmur Festival.
Amongst this beauty and magic lies a fortress that was never conquered. Until now. Considered one of Europe’s largest castle and the second most impressive castle from the entire world (according to Hopper), it is the perfect place for you to visit this summer.
And because travel goes hand in hand with beautiful experiences and emerging music, here is our suggestion: discover beautiful Transylvania through electronic music in a summer festival. Combining local traditions, history and authentic customs with vibrant electronic, deep house and live music, this festival will emerge you in an authentic Transylvanian delight. Appropriately named Murmur (meaning a gentle whisper, both of nature and history), the festival is the perfect place for you to emerge in a summer journey. Here are 5 reasons:
1. The citadel was once a military post, a prison (not lacking inventive ways of torture), a place of governing and balls. Its massive walls, 4 towers and the river that surrounds it are filled with authentic stories, traditions and myths. And let’s not forget about the scenery which is unique all year long.
2. You will have a taste of traditional workshops, local food and authentic customs
Romanian “Șezătoare”, a place for learning and sharing.
Beautiful traditions that are sent from father to son.
3. You can wander around the city walls, enjoy the workshops and listen to the music from the 3 scenes situated inside the castle, on its towers and near a gallow. Yes, a gallow. Here’s a preview
4. Romanian and international artists that will give life to this beautiful place
5. How about spending the night in the citadel where Dracula himself spent a night? A camping area will surround the fortress and you can spend the night hearing all the interesting stories about Dracula, the torturing methods that were applied in the fortress and vampirism.
So, what are your plans for this summer? From rural villages to medieval places and castles haunted by stories, the occasional vampires and beautiful customs, you can experience them all in Transylvania. And if music runs wild inside your veins, you can have a taste of electronic and live concerts right in the heart of Transylvania, in a castle that unites all it’s beauty. You can find out more about the festival on its official website and Facebook page.
See you in Transylvania.